What I hope to accomplish here

My main goal in using this blog is to keep track of what I'm doing in order to teach myself Data Analytics with the goal of becoming some breed of Data Analyst. Currently I'm looking at this with an eye towards Predictive Analytics since that's kind of how my brain is geared anyway. I am very good at looking at previous patterns/behavior and predicting what will happen. 

To achieve this goal, I started out by buying self-directed courses as well as accessing the "free" learning that is part of my LinkedIn account. I then decided to apply for the Data Analysis bootcamp offered by the Engineering department at Columbia University. While bootcamps have mixed reviews, attending one that is connected to a prestigious university might help. I'm not mentally ready to truly consider getting an associates degree or higher. The idea is somewhat intimidating for a variety of reasons.

Before I signed up for the Columbia course, I had picked out the following to learn:

    Coursera:    Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate
    Udemy:    The Data Science Course, 2021 Bootcamp
    LinkedIn Learning:     Develop Your Data Analysis Skills
                                        Build Essential Data Skills
                                        Advance Your Skills in Deep Learning and Neural Networks
                                        Advance Your Skills in Predictive Analytics
                                        Master SQL for Data Science
                                        Master Python for Data Science
                                        Become a Data Analyst

So now I want to attempt to get through as many of these courses as I can before the 7th of April and then mostly focus on the Columbia course. Once I know how intensive that is or isn't, I'll be able to decide if I want to continue on working on the self-directed courses.

Fingers crossed I can pull this off!

Comments